Monday, April 18, 2005

Yesterday

We were invited to an impromptu barbeque. Not so far from us and we always wanted to check it out. So we went.

Before we went we had our very own picnic in our back yard. You see my darling three year old has been asking for a picnic for over a week already. Ever since we read about how Winnie the Pooh goes on a picnic, he very sweetly asked if we could have one. I told him when the weather gets warmer, sure why not. It would be fun! So every day he kept asking for it. I told him on a Sunday so his Abba can join as well. He couldn’t wait. So yesterday he asked for it since he looked outside and saw that it was sunny. Sure enough we had a picnic for lunch.

I made sandwiches for the kids and gave them a juice box. I heated up leftovers for my husband and myself. We found something to use as a tablecloth and off we went, to eat our lunch outside. It was fun. It was in our own backyard. The little guy was glowing. He was very happy. He had a great idea and we followed through with it. We all had fun. Even the baby who was eating the bigger kids lunches!

After our picnic lunch, we packed up the car and off we went to our barbeque. It wasn’t far, but if we planned it right, the kids would get a good nap and wont be cranky. It worked. We got there two hours later. We were the only ones there. A single guy said he might show up, but didn’t. Our friend tried to get a hold of another couple but they weren’t reachable. Not by land line and not by cell p hone. I said she is in labor then. I am very close with her, and knew she was really due any day. I tried calling them at home but got the machine. Through out the meal, I kept calling my voice mail to see if they left a message, as at this point I was waiting to hear about the babies. Sure enough we get a phone call there. It’s a girl and a boy! Mazel Tov!

I am so happy for her. A little girl. A little boy. So very nice, to a wonderful couple. I am still getting over the shock that my friend is a father! He is a father, scary thought!!! Watch out world! Watch out kids! Oh, he is still on cloud nine, I don’t know when he will land, but he is so very happy! It is contagious. I on a high from talking to him. I am so very happy and excited and cannot wait to see the little ones. What wonderful news. Oif simchas to all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess if you don't have to clean for pesach, you have time for bbq's :)

-Chanie

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 5:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter