Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I posted once about my friend who was in the car accident. B"H he is doing better and is in rehab already! I can't believe it. Here was a man who has been so through so much and his family thought it was all going to end. BH it didn't and he is rehab for a week already. He is doing so nicely from what I hear.

I wanted to send his family shaloch manos. I have this problem. I think great plans, but sometimes it doesn't get to happen for whatever reason. This great plan was to have my family chip in and send the shaloch manos to the kids. Send the kids some candy. After all they have been through, this is what they need. I also met one of the older kids, and I think about him often. I was going to call my cousin in Israel to buy the stuff...I was going to do this. I was going to do that. The key word here is GOING.

I don't have a calling card. I don't have a good plan to Israel. Actually I have a lousy plan that is like $5/minute, so there was no way I was going to call Israel to speak to my cousin, or to speak to my friend. I just couldn't do that to myself or my pocketbook. Sorry. I have good intentions, but not that good. In the end, it all came together.

My friend here mentioned that her parents are going to Israel for Purim. I took in the information, but did nothing about it. Until about a day later when it hit me. Hard. Her parents are going to Israel. THEY can take a package in for me (hopefully). I called her up and begged her to have them take this small bag of goodies. It is for the kids I said. Then I called a very good friend in Brooklyn and asked her to puhleeeeeeeze go shopping for me and spend money on my behalf and drop it off at friends A parents house. All went well. Everyone said yes. Yippee! I have such good friends (now only I need to make sure that I am a good friend to them as well).

So my friend went shopping for me. I trusted her judgment and gave her a budget. She complied and had fun doing it. Not only that, she even went to the store after she did her Purim shopping. What a dedicated friend. Mitzvos! She then went out of her way to drop it off at the people who were going to Israel.

Now all was needed was the phone call to Israel and have a cousin pick up the package and drop it off. Only one little proble. I don't have a calling card to Israel. On my way to work this morning, my brother calls me that the very cousin I want to reach in Israel just called him. He will pick up the package when he gets the phone call. He wanted me to send things for him, but I couldn't as the people who were going said no. I felt bad that I couldn't do my cousin a favor, afterall he is going to do me a favor. But he said he will still take care of my package. Yay! I accomplished what I needed to accomplish.

Now, instead of cooking for the Purim seudah, I am typing here. Oy, what big plans I have, but I am wasting my time. You see, I am making the Purim seudah in my house this year. Usually I go to my mom, but being that it is Friday, I would like to spend Purim where I live and let the kids enjoy it and not be rushed to drive an hour away for the seudah.

So, here I am planning my meal. I am going to be organized this year. I am going to plan what I want to make and make it. I am going to map out the shaloch manos delivery route and make it work this year. I am going to.......
gotta go, onions are burning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter