Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Meeting

The long awaited school meeting was last night. The dean spoke and had his Rosh Yeshiva speak as well. It was the obvious. An increase in tuition. Who were we kidding what it was all about. We all really knew deep down why this meeting was called. Nothing to do with the politics that is going on in the community. The school is its own community so to speak.


What I don't understand is why the Rosh Yeshiva was there. Was it to break the news to us gently? Was it to tell us the Halachos? It wasn't bad. It was good that I went there, so the news was not that hard once you heard the speech in its whole. It was important to be there. Important enough that I paid a babysitter so that both my husband and I both would be there.


I have friends who did not show up. They had their reasons for not showing up. I felt it was important for me to be an active part of the school. I understand why they need to raise the tuition and it is not so cheap, especially when dealing with more than one child there. They have their expenses and they do deserve a "raise" just like I get a raise at work. The teachers deserve to get a raise too. Why is the education of our children on the last of our expenses? Is it not that important? Obviously it is since we are not homeschooling our kids, and feel the need to have the school help us. Anyone who does a service for you deserves to get paid. You don't work for free do you? (btw these are my opinions and not what was mentioned there)


So yes it will hurt the pocketbook with the new increase. No it does not help matters and does not make it happy, but I understand. I don't think they are money hungry. I think it was nice that there was a meeting to let us know the financial aspect of things, opposed to getting next years tuition bill in the mail and seeing the increase then as a shock. They are taking the time to include us and forewarn us on their decision. I am not happy about it. I am upset. But will pay it anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I'm reading. Don't know much about tuition stuff, not yet at least. But you have a good attitude!

-Chanie

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 5:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter