Tuesday, January 25, 2005

What a Stressful Day

What a day. Yesterday. A busy hectic day. A crazy day. A day I do not want to repeat again so soon.
My babysitter is on bed-rest and quit. This is after telling me she is looking for a job and finding out how soon can she take the job, if it is offered to her. Go figure. I told her two to three weeks is only fair. After all, I wasn't looking for someone to replace her so if she was leaving she needed to give me time. Also, where I live, it is hard to find Jewish babysitter to come to my house. All was fine, until I get the phone call.
BH she is fine. Everyone is fine. But she needs to be on bed-rest for the week. And after that...the baby is getting to big, etc etc etc. Poof. Just like that she leaves. What torture. I needed to find someone to babysit. I needed to drop off the baby. I needed to fix carpool so I can accomodate all the kids. ARGH ARGH!
So the day started off wonderfuly. I called my friend to remind her she is doing pickup that day. She leaves a little bit later and hits traffic on my block. What should take two minutes, took her ten minutes. I couldn't sit down to feed the baby, because I needed to be available to help the other kids into her van when she showed up. So that delayed me some more. When she did show up, I told her to pull into the driveway and then go the way she came to go to school. She pulls in over the snowbank..and can't get out! Meanwhile my baby is inside the house by himself, and the minivan full of kids are stuck! I try to help her, telling her which way to turn and back up, but between the snow and the traffic, it was impossible. I finally stopped two men on their way home from shul, and one stopped to really help. Then another two stopped and began to shovel, direct and push the car out. I forget. I drive a 4-wheel drive...We just go over the snow there...minivans don't.

I get inside and the baby is crying..I calm him down and feed him, but it is already after 9, and I am running late. Again. Not a good way to start the day. I drop him off at the sitter which is getting better and off to work I went...only to hit traffic. I finally did show up to work at 10! Mind you, I am leaving at 330 to go home. I am late to work, but no one cares except me.
I speak to my boss about the upcoming meeting that was scheduled for noon time. We spoke freely about the main issue we were having...and then went back to the office to find out that the main issue was already there. Ooops, hope he didn't hear the issues. It was hard to talk about him when he was there, so I went with one of the girls I supervise to the kitchen to figure out what all the issues are to bring up in the meeting. Can't talk about him in front of him. That is just plain rude.
At 12:45 I prepare the foods for the 12:30 meeting. The meeting has been delayed. There was another meeting scheduled for two hours earlier, but only started at 12, so of course ours was delayed. I bring the food in, and we just eat and some of us are talking and not including the entire staff. About 45 mintues later, we call the meeting to order and get to talk. Unfortunately for me, my issues was saved for later and we spent an awful lot of time on things that did not pertain to half the staff. What a waste. Finally I get my turn to talk. The main reason why we were all there. I get to say my piece and split. I had to leave it was 3:30 and my kids got out of school at 3:45. I was sooo mad. A lot of information that pertinent to me was going to be discussed and I was missing it. Too bad. I had to go. So I did.
I sped home, made it on time for pickup. And dropped the other kid off. Then unloaded the two kids to the store to buy some TuB'shvat food. No more bukser. Only bukser left was in a platter but when I asked, they said if I buy the platter I can have it. Hellooooooo...TuBshvat is over in a mere two hours and there is no one here going to buy it...so why not just sell me a piece?? But I had two little ones with me, and two people working the register who could care less about logic, so I left with little fruit and a small treat for the kids. Then I went to pick up my baby and go home.
What do I do? Two kids in the car and one upstairs. I left the two in the car and ran upstairs. Luckily another mother was picking up her daughter and kept an eye on my car. I had no choice! I couldn't unbuckle two kids to go upstairs and then come right down..I know it was wrong, but so happy I am not in Lakewood or Brooklyn. Stressed out already from all this running around, I go home to collapse and let the kids play. I throw some food in the oven and feed the baby. My son goes to the bathroom and starts shrieking. He had an accident. Just the icing of my wonderful day. I calm him down and run the bath, since it was bath night anyway. I tell my daughter to get her pj's and give them a bath and turn off the oven. I wash them, towel dry them, and get them all nice and clean into pj's. Give them their supper and treat and collapse on the couch once again. I banish the kids to their rooms to play or the basement. I couldn't tollerate the noise. I was so stressed out. I called my husband and told him to forget his supper..and take out it is.
Later that night, after the kids have gone to bed and it was quiet, the phone rings. It was someone responding to my ad, looking for a Jewish babysitter to come to my house. We talk. She sounds perfect. I am ready to take her now without seeing her, without references, just come here and help out! I am meeting her tomorrow (kids have mid-winter vacation, so I took off b/c of no babysitter) and she is giving her current employerS notice and can start in a week and a half.
What a great way to end the day. Thank you thank you thank you.
Oh, and then I went to the gym, and I have lost some more pounds!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh, what a hectic day!!!
I also had a crazy day, or rather crazy few days. Hope it ends as well as yours did.

-Chanie

Friday, January 28, 2005 2:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter