Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I had company this past Shabbos. Friday night we were reminiscing about old times and discussing people who we haven't seen on our last trip together. I mentioned I haven't seen a certain person on my last trip up...and before I had a chance to say who...my company guessed who, and said plain and simply "he's dead, you know he died, right?!"

I was shocked. I couldn't express myself there though my eyes almost gave me away. I was shocked beyond belief. I heard he was sick etc and not that I would keep in touch with him, but NOT one of my "contacts" there had mentioned it. Mind you this happened around Rosh Hashana time. I was shocked like you wouldn't believe. I went on discussing other things, but couldn't really get it out of mind. My connections didn't tell me everything that is going on. This was important news...at least it was better than some of the gossip.
I was very sad. My eyes kept watering everytime I think about it. It is sad. I am not so happy the way I found out. It could have been said nicely, but hey can't really blame the company, why would anyone know that I didn't know already. I must have known. But I don't recall hearing it. It is very depressing..and sad..

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. said...

Hi, there.
Sorry about the sad news and sorry that you found out in such a shockign way...
Also sorry I'm behind in reading yours (and everyone's) blogs...but I am still here (I'm even chapters behind in mindy's book).
that's nice you still get together with HS friends. We do, sometimes - usually once a year, and/or at chasunos (which, believe it or not - we haven't had any from my class since ME!)....
cya around! (maybe even in passaic??)
~Gishmakerz/Mrs M/Mrs Busy

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter