Thursday, December 23, 2004

Last night was great. We had a friends birthday party. We meaning, a few girls from high school. We arranged to take her out for her birthday. It was really just an excuse to get together, a break from our hectic schedule, and have a girls night out. It was super. There were five of us there. And yes I drove all the way to Brooklyn from Passaic. Who would have thought. I told them, when it is my birthday, they must do local, and by local I mean Teaneck as Passaic doesn't have much to offer.
IT was really great to see my friends. Some I speak to on a daily basis, and others I speak to once a year or a little more and sometimes less. It is great that with a friend whom I speak with every few months, we are able to just pick up from where we left off, and even go back in time and talk about other things that happened so long ago. For better and for worse we remember the craziest things about other people.
So we talked about our current life, and we spoke about our past life. Some of us are married and some are not yet. The birthday girl was not. I hope we didn't spend too much time talking about our families that they do not have yet. We limited it, or so I think we limited it. I hope we didn't affend them and I can say we had a great time. I had to convince them to leave the store since the workers were cleaning up around our table, and we were the last to leave. I think they wanted to close up already but were too nice to say anything. You could hear the laughter ring out loud. Then we took the conversations outside for another half hour or so. I kept telling everyone that it was an hour later than the actual time, because in my time that was what time it would be when I got home. They all had local driving, I, the lonley out of towner had to drive home all by myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

I think it's really nice when the girls can get out and have fun together. I always feel guilty leaving my husband alone with the kids.

Tonight is a ladies' meeting. There will be a dvar Torah and some art project and then decorate your own brownies. I can't wait for the brownie part!

I asked my husband if he would mind if I went out on Thursday night also. It's a friends' 35th birthday. I feel like I have to ask because going out twice in a week is being pushy. I let him go out for events. But he always makes sure it's okay with me. We are thinking of going to dinner theater. But what's the point if you can't eat there???

Tuesday, December 28, 2004 4:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter