Monday, January 31, 2005

Brrrrr

WooHoo. I got my thermostat to register 71 degrees in the house! Can you believe? It is sooo hot here! You can't imagine...OK, let me explain myself, as to why I am so happy to know that it can get so "hot" in here.

This past Shabbos we had this couple(post about them another time) over for Shabbos lunch. It was pretty cold outside, and not that much warmer inside. We were talking about thermostat and how cold it was inside the house. I mentioned that we leave the thermostat at 67 degrees and not much higher and no matter what, it will still be cold here. Yes, we live in a big old house that needs to get warm...one day. So the husband was complaining that we were slum lords..funny since we are the only ones living in the house. Our poor kids. We freeze them. But believe it or not, they do not complain, and the upstairs bedrooms are warm! It is just downstairs that is very cold...And downstairs, meaning the first floor, is where we eat. Hence the man had the right to complain that it was cold. He didn't want to stay and decided it was due time for him to leave our house, and did. I can feel bad that he did, but don't.

So today being that I was home with the kids due to their vacation and me having no babysitter, I raised the temp a bit and noticed how it hit 71 degrees, even the thermostat was NOT set to 71 or higher. I immediately lowered the temp as it was too high. But even with the temperature that high, it was not that warm on the first floor. Therefore I conclude that there is something wrong with our thermostat. Or with the first floor heating. Probably the heating as it used to work?! Maybe.

On another note, today was the last day of vacation for my kids. They go back to school tomorrow, thank G-d. It is hard for me to be home every day with them and hard for them as well. They are young and don't need so many days off from school just yet. They are used to their routine their schedule and don't really like the break in it. Neither do I. I mean, I had to take off from work those days, and I am sure my boss really appreciated that, but there was nothing I could do...Along with my babysitter being on bed-rest, what choice did I have. Tomorrow it is back to the norm or almost norm, except I need to leave work an hour plus early! Oh well. Such is life.

Have a happy day and keep warm my dear readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter