Friday, April 15, 2005

What to Write About...

I give up. I can’t do this anymore. I have written about three drafts to write, but couldn’t finish them. I couldn’t get them into a blog format. My mind is just not into the writing feature this week. Maybe when things calm down I will be able to write coherent words of wisdom and my dedicated readers will actually have something to read this upcoming week. Who knows?

Will I write about how hard it is to live out of a suitcase for the entire yomtov? Will I complain about being at family for the entire time and have no space? And how this and that is different. And and and and. I will try to take note from my
friend and talk about positive things. I will definitely try to enjoy myself while I am there. I can’t complain if I don’t do anything, so I will do things to make it enjoyable for everyone there. I will take suggestions from any and everyone who has suggestions to offer!

Packing is annoying as well. Who knows what the weather will be like and I am always bound to leave something important at home. I will make sure to take enough clothing with and my laptop! Never leave home without it. I never tried to see if it will work with the wireless, but I am hoping it will.

I decided that for the family we are to take off two days each for chol hamoed. Of the two days each, one will coincide with each other so we can have a family day out. I am not sure when and what we will do, but I hope it will be fun. The other two days we are on our own and the fourth day, the kids will be with my mom without us. I can’t take off so many days from work, so this is a good compromise. I hope the kids have fun as well.

When did the phenomenon of doing something every single day of chol hamoed the norm? When I was younger, we didn’t go out to all the attractions on every single day. We did other things, but I don’t recall what they were now. I think once we went to the 18th avenue shenanigan. But to do something which all cost a lot of money every day? What is this generation coming to? Can’t they entertain themselves at the park or at home? Can’t we come up with something that doesn’t entail the bells and whistles and something happening every second? I guess I don’t remember my childhood that much, or, I don’t know. But we are going to do something as a family, but not sure what the “bells and whistles” will be.

So, have a chag kasher vsameach. I don’t know when I will be back here to blogger land. I do have to clean and work. But not that much cleaning. Don’t forget the usual joke, check your computer hard drive for chametz!

Until next time…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter