Friday, April 08, 2005

Just Stuff

Why didn't anyone tell me that it has been a week since I last blogged? Shame on me! But shame on you my readers for not saying anything.

Fish update: 4 out of 5 are alive and well. I will stop feeding them so much food. Will make sure that the water is clean (actually that is my husbands job, I feed them) The kids, they look at them and the baby laughs and points to them.

Last night we had sheva brachos to go to in Boro Park. I went incognito. I showed up with a hat and a blond shaitel. Yes. I am contemplating of changing my shaitel color and going blond or more blonde and not so dark of a shaitel now. I tried it out. No one commented on it. No one there knew me so well to notice and those who did were not really in the position to say anything (hence the men). So I had no real audience to see what the reaction would have been. I did enjoy wearing the blond color fall, and I am really thinking of changing. I need a bigger audience…or not. I need to figure out the right color for me. I figured, once I get used to it, so will others and it won’t be an issue. It will take time for the adjustment period to get used to the new color, but I am really thinking of it.

My mother took her uncle to the ER yesterday because he wasn’t feeling so well. While she was there an intern went over to her and asked her if she is Mrs. ____ (come on, there are some who don’t me yet). He went on to tell her that he’s good friends with __ her son-in-law (my husband). It was Mikey. He recognized her. My mom called me and when I told her who it was, she remembered the name. It was really cool! I saw him last night at sheva brachos. He told me the story. He said he will go tomorrow and check my great uncle and see how he is doing. Mind you, he just started the ER this month! (BH my uncle seems to be doing better).

On a different note, my baby sitter has been showing up every day for two weeks straight. I am very impressed and very happy with her. The kids really like her and we seemed to have ironed out the things that were issues. I didn’t have time to cook for Shabbos, but she is more than happy to do it so I gave her things to do on this short day (a short working day for her, till 1:30). I would like to finish the rest of the cooking that I need to cook as early as possible so the kids can do things. It is such a long Friday! I don’t know what I am going to do with them. Their bedtime is candle lighting time.

Pesach is around the corner. After this Shabbos one more Shabbos before we move out. Probably moving to my mom for the entire time. Boro Park here I come! I have to brace myself and be ready to be there. (Well, since I don’t go to shul, it is more my husband needs to get ready J hehehe.)

Have a good Shabbos my faithful readers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Q!, I heard you were in the Holy Land. Back already?

Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh woops, that was me, Chanie.

And Ifuncused, I'm reading...

Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter