Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What a Day...

I need to calm down and relax. Stop screaming and breath. In and out. It is not really the end of the world. Even if it seems that way. It is fine. All will be okay. No really. It will.


Today was my daughters first day of school. I dropped her off and couldn't believe the traffic I had encountered. I do hope it will get better. Then off to the other side of town for Orientation for my son. That was so much fun. I told his two teachers to go speak to last years afternoon Morah and learn her method of helping my son grow. Whatever she did was great and she should share the wealth of knowledge. I wonder if they will actually go talk to her. I gave them some advice, but I don't know if they will listen to it or not.
I get a phone call at work at about 4:30 from my babysitter. She received a phone call from school that Rivky is still there. No one took her home. I was livid. I was fuming. I was mad. I quickly called the school and told them that she was supposed to go home with another Morah who taught FIRST grade. Apparently that person forgot. The school left her a message and I left her a message. In the meantime, the secretary said she will take her home at 5. I was at a lost. The very first day of car pool and this happens. WHY oh why did I do this?! I finally get a phone call at about Five PM. "OH my, I am sooo sorry, I am nauseous, etc I cannot believe I forgot. I thought she was in Pre 1-A, I didn't pick up my others. I took the other girls home. I forgot, so unlike me. Etc. Etc. etc" Mind you this is the very same person who kept asking me "are they normal" regarding the morning car pool.
She went to go pick up my daughter at five. Now my daughter knows who she is. She will find her on her own. She got a toy and super snacks out of the deal, but also came home at 5:15 instead of at 4:15. I am fuming. I am still burning mad about this.
Doesn't help matters when I get a note in the knapsack that I am missing some supplies. I made sure that I packed everything in her knapsack. A machberes with her name on it is missing. It will be annoying for me to go to the sefarim store to replace it. I know I bought it. She knows she had it in school that morning. Where in the world did it go? On top of that as well, her brand.new.knapsack.has.a.hole.in.it.already! I threw out a water bottle and noticed it was dripping. I go check the pocket and sure enough there is a nice hole in the mesh. Why did I bother with the new knapsack? In a week, it will look just like last years beat up knapsack. Why bother? Can't you tell I am frustrated?! I do need to calm down. I explained how the rolling part works and how she must be careful with her stuff. To be kids again.
I hope that tomorrow is a better day. I sent a note back to the Morah. Dear Morah, Please look around the classroom or ask the girls sitting next to her if they have seen her machberes as I had sent her to school with two machbaros with her name on them. If need be, please let me know which size is missing so I can repurchase it soon. Thank you. I met this Morah in the summer and not sure if I want to call her up. The class note says if we have issues with her, we can send a note to school in the folder. No phone number. I guess it means no calls for her.
To make the day go better, my two boys started emptying water bottles all over the floor. Yes, I know they should not be within reach, but they are. No where else to keep them. I don't mind if they play with them, but to open them and empty them onto the floor, that is too much for me. Glad my husband was home to help clean that one up.
Why oh why do we teach kids how to dial 9.1.1.??? Just another icing on today's day.
I am sure I can think of many more..But I cannot blog about work.

1 Comments:

Blogger ifuncused said...

NO I didn't mean to do it. but most people know me and my family. It is no secret with this name... ifuncused is a very very old name...10 years old

Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter