Monday, July 25, 2005

I am so Mad

I can't believe it.

Okay, I can believe it but it bothers me so much.

So much so, that I wanted to report them.

I wanted to open my window and yell at them.

I am mad. I am upset. I can't believe they are that ignorant.

That they are that stupid.

I was driving on the Belt Parkway.

I saw kids bouncing around the back seat. And something else.

I was in the lane next to them.

I drove up to check it out.

To see if my eyes were lying to me.

They were not.

There was a toddler on the wife's lap in the front seat.

There were three kids in the back seat bouncing around.

The father was wearing a seat belt.

The kids were not.

I guess they never heard of car seats. Of booster seats.

Of the NY State law of wearing seat belts.

Of the law that kids MUST be in booster seats and car seats.

and. Sigh. Yes. They. Were. frum.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. said...

I AGREE!!!!!!
I purposely gave my students a lesson on safety belts after my assistant said she saw a kid jumping in the car (this was before of the new rule of booster seats). I still see it with my students being picked up. I can't tell the parents that the carpools should be filled with booster seats...but I do say to the kids sometimes, "let me see you put on your seat belt!"

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

This is something the frum community needs to address in a more formal way, like a takana or something. Yes, we have a lot of kids. And yes, we drive big crappy cars. And no, we can't always fit in 3-4 carseats.

And if chas veshalom something horrible would occur none of those excuses would be of any comfort.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter