Friday, July 01, 2005

I Just Do Not Get It

I have a bone to pick with tznius.
I have a bone to pick with the way we women dress.
I have complaints.
Me, yes, me, I have issues and I want you all to hear it.

The latest fashion craze here is driving me nuts. The layering of clothing. Yes, I know it is hot. I know how hot it is and how uncomfortable it is to wear long sleeves. To cover up. It is hot outside. We are hot. But come on now.

I know we can’t wear a v-neck without anything underneath. I accepted the look. Actually at times, I wear the same thing. A nice long sleeve v-neck sweater or shirt and underneath is a white t-shirt. I don’t mind and it can actually be nice looking. The newer look gets to me. The newer look seems odd and just ugly. Not pretty. Not cool looking. Just plain confused and opting to follow the goyim on this matter.

The new look as I call it is as follows: a long sleeve t-shirt UNDER a short-sleeved-cropped t-shirt. I don’t get the look. I don’t get the fashion style behind it. I don’t get the need to wear this. It is like taking a short-sleeve-scoop neck shirt and wearing it over a long-sleeved shirt. Whatever for? Do you really desire to wear such a shirt? Such a shirt that shows everything off and will make you cool, only to add another layer which by the way defeats the point of such a shirt to begin with.

Do the people who wear such ensemble actually look in the mirror and see themselves as cool looking people? Do they think they are in style? That it is fashionable to look like a slut that is confused? I am talking about really low boat neck t-shirts. Really short sleeves and really tasteless shirts.

I must be old. I don’t understand. I must be living under a rock and not see the outside world that this is indeed fashionable. It must be me. It is the latest here and I have seen it too often on people older then myself. It looks cheap. It looks confused. It looks retarded.

Thank you.
I just needed to vent.
Now carry on.

5 Comments:

Blogger chchick said...

I was wondering the same about those short tops. My daughter's friend came to the house wearing one of those bikini cover ups that tie in the front over a regular T-shirt. I thought it looked retarded, did not especially flatter her figure either. Totally ridiculous if you ask me. But who's asking????....

Friday, July 01, 2005 5:19:00 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Not understanding new fashion= getting old

Not understanding frum fashion= normal

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger ifuncused said...

PT: Thanks for the comment. I thought it was just me...and I am not really that old..unless I am getting there, but then again these people are OLDER than me to begin with, so if I am old..then they must be....

How was your road trip...no stop in Passaic??

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

I don't think we came near Passaic, although we did stop for a bathroom break at a Border's Bookstore in a mall somewhere after the GW bridge (westbound).

Nice toilets.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You're not old. (How old are you anyway??) But whatever. I'm 19 and cannot fathom why people would wear this. If you're Britney Spears, Kol HaKavod, but a frum "Bais Yaakov" girl, who should know better, what is she doing? Wearing those tops is like wearing a sign, "Look at my boobs! No, really! Just LOOK AT MY BOOBS!!" It saddens me that people have no sensitivity to Tznius--they think, "hey, my collarbone is covered, so let me show off my boobs instead."
Also, what one person said about not flattering the figure--on fuller figures, it's not so flattering, so I don't find it as bad as the 36-24-34 girls who have gorgeous toned bodies with just the right size everything...that WILL get a lot of men going crazy (more than her collarbone, although that is wrong too), and that's the opposite of tznius.

Monday, July 11, 2005 1:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter