Thursday, May 26, 2005

My How They Grow

Tomorrow, or is today? is my daughters' siddur play. They chose Lag BaOmer so they can have music. They chose a Friday because, I do not know. It is scheduled for 9:20 AM. I wonder how punctual they are? I wonder how long it will be for? I am also still getting over the shock or not so shocking news that no fathers are allowed to her siddur play. I will get over it. It is not that important. The fathers will have nachas from them another time, another way. Ho hum.

I keep forgetting she is turning six. Granted she has about four months or so to turn six, I keep forgetting that she is closer to six than to five. Meaning, when I was looking at a toy (skipit) it said for age six and up. I started to put it back, until it dawned on me, SHE IS ALMOST SIX! My big girl is growing up. So fast. Tomorrow is her siddur play. Tomorrow she will get a siddur. This means she already knows how to read Hebrew. My girl is not so little anymore.

Monday is my sons’ graduation. He is graduating Nursery (or Pre-K). He has grown and matured over the year. Mind you that at the beginning of the school year he was not even three and now he is three and a half. Time flies. He is so different now. His behavior, his attitude, everything.

Here they purposefully made his graduation on Monday, Memorial Day. They figured that the parents would like the fact that they do not have to miss a day of work for the graduation. True. Very true. The kids have school anyway. And because Shavuos is a week before school is over, there was no other time to make it. This made the most sense. I appreciate the Morah’s thoughtfulness. I cannot wait to see him. He has been singing his song. “..the whole EAR through…” uh oh, what can I do? He refuses to realize that the word is YEAR and not EAR.

Tomorrow is his class trip. They are going to this real neat park near us. A great place for them to go to. Shaded, lots of climbing things, it has wooden castles and different neat things. For adults it is great because it has lots of shades. For the kids it is great because there is a lot to do, no matter the age. And they have actual bathrooms. With toilet paper. Amazing. They need chaperones. I figured, hey I am off for the day, I can finally chaperone. Hey, I am off for the day BECAUSE I have her graduation. Same time. No can do. What a shame. He will have loads of fun anyway.

My kids are getting bigger. My baby will be ONE next month. He has five SIX teeth already. Off balance I might say (four on top) but hey, he is adorable and cute anyway. I thought he would be walking by now, but I guess not. He loves his walking toy. And when he forgets that he is standing, he stands much better than when he is aware that he is standing alone. He still has three weeks before his birthday…you never know….

On that note, I must go finish cooking and cleaning for Shabbos. Busy day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter