Thursday, June 23, 2005

Happy Birthday

Shabbos is my son's birthday.

He will be ONE. I can't believe it is a year!

One year old.

Adorable.

The baby of the family.

A year ago Thursday, I signed away my life by signing my closing documents on my house. My oldest and longest friend went to her fathers levaya while I was having contractions (I still think the news of his passing put me into labor, along with me bending and packing, and being 1 1/2 weeks late). Friday I had a baby boy. Sunday I came home from the hospital to pack. Monday, I went to the lawyers office with my husband for him to sign away his life, we finished packing. Tuesday, we moved into the house on Tuesday. Wednesday the kids came home and went to daycamp. Thursday was the vach nach, and Friday was the Bris. I can say that was one hectic week.


My kids are growing nicely, BH. My baby is one! We, actually, I am planning a birthday party for him this coming Sunday. You know, I came to the conclusion that you can never get everyone to coordinate their schedule. At least one brother will be here. Will try to get the other one here eventually. Now I just need to figure out how many kids will be here and how many party bags to prepare. I would rather have just enough than too much. But will take more prepared party bags than not enough bags. Now, how does one prepare to plan a party for a One year old who will have no idea that it is his birthday, and that all the kids are there for him? Do I need to have him in mind when I prepare the activities? Or just use his birthday as an excuse to get the people here?!


One year later, he is standing by himself. Crawling upstairs. Laughing. Makes himself understood when he is hurt or upset. Claps his hands. And really understands you when you tell him something. Will "say" yes or no with his head. And when told to say bye-bye, he waves. So, he might not talk but he fully understands what you are telling him. Maybe he will realize there is a party because of him. Smart little fellow.


A year has gone by. A year since I had my last baby. I year since I bought my house. Will always use his birthday as a milestone and date to know when we purchased the house (go figure). I am getting over the year part. Will let you know how his party went, after we have it.


Mazel Tov.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, June 27, 2005 6:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter