Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Sad Moment

I just read this blog via renreb's site. It brought tears to my eays and brought back memories of grade school.

In seventh grade, one girl was called out of class and two minutes later we were told the news. A classmates sister was niftar. The girl that was called out was her best friend and they wanted her to be with her.

The next day was the levaya, and they drove by the school so we can be apart of it. The little girl was six years old and a student in the school as well. It was a hard time for us.

This was the first time we experienced a death so close to us. A classmates little sister. What can be more horrifying. Time for us to grow up. Face what is really out there. To understand that there is life and then there is death.

Unfortunately for the class, we experienced another death a mere three months later. What a hardship on the teachers explaining all over again to preteens the cycle of life. To the two girls who had lost a sister and a parent the same year the bond that they shared, that they wish they didn't share. The memories of each one close to them, they still hold onto.

I am not sure if the girls remember that year. I am sure there are two girls who remember that year well, but not so sure about the rest of them. It did leave an impression with me. It was hard to digest the news. But the sun still shines daily and we hope for a new day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Do I know them, too?

I went to that blog but couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing; I can't deal with it.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger ifuncused said...

Yes Tova, you know them...all girls mentioned.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 11:55:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. said...

That blog really makes your think...appreciate what you have. Thanks.
Reminded me of when I was in elementary and a girl passed away and we walked after the car during the levaya...(did you go to "BYF"?)

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter