Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oh

Oh 'tis the season all right. Shopping till 10PM on stores that normally closed at 9 or 9:30. Now trying to figure out what to buy everyone and what is really needed.

I am impressed. I got all the nephews and nieces done. I figured out what to get them and hope they are happy with what I got. Now, on to my own children. Such a toughy. I know what my daughter wants, but I am not going to get it for her! Maybe next year. Maybe not.
Biggest dilemma that I have is regarding camp. She is so wanting to go to sleep-away camp. I received an application for camp in the mail. It is a fortune. It is more than double daycamp. If not three times the cost plus. Oh, I have thought about it. Remember, I went to camp at age four. She will be almost eight when she goes. I would love to send her to the camp that I went, but if not, not.
The thoughts. The debates. The phone calls.
I think in the end I will send her to the daycamp last year, and push off sleepaway for another year. Next year we can have this discussion again. I would like to go visit camp this summer, again. Though it will be a different camp than last. Good to get a feel of the summer camps. I guess I can wait another year.
On other news...the shul where I daven at had two major occurrences the other day regarding their members. One member had TRIPLETS!! Mazel Tov!... while another lost her young husband, leaving her a widow with two young young children (5 and 3). I saw her kids at the park yesterday before the levaya. I am contemplating about making a shiva call to her. I have no idea who she is or her husband. I never met either one. My heart goes out to her and to her very young children who are now without a father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter