Friday, June 09, 2006

I Saw Her

I went to Barnes and Nobles the other day to pick up the form for their summer reading program. It is where my daughter writes the 8 books she read, the author and what she liked most about the book. I sign it. Once filled in and signed, we go back to BN and hand it in. She then gets to chose a book to keep. She can do this twice. Last year we started late and only had a chance to read 8 books. She is so excited to do it now. She already wrote down two books. 6 more to go and she wants to do it before school is over. I think she can, if she remembers to write down the books. She can do it so readily. She probably reads about two books a night to herself before she finally falls asleep.

So anyway back to the topic. I was at BN on the second floor trying to find the children's department (that is wear I can pick the form off the board), when I was told that the area I was entering was closed off. I wasn't paying attention, but the area in front of me was indeed closed off and there seemed to be a lot of black suits body guard style. I looked around to find out why, and THERE SHE WAS. Lorraine Bracco. Dr. Melfi from The Sopranos. It was cool. No, really. She was promoting her new book (which I was tempted to buy and see if she would autograph it). She was so down to earth. So normal. You can recognize her voice in a heartbeat. What a shame I didn't have the guts to go over to her or even use my phone to snap a picture of her. Maybe next. time.
(sorry, only about two people I know who will appreciate this...and only one of them reads this.)

1 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I don't watch the show but I can relate to the excitement of seeing a star you really like.

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter