Monday, April 17, 2006

The Wedding

So the wedding is done and over with. I didn't find a tux for the little guy, so the two boys wore matching suits. They looked adorable. They didn't walk down, but then again there are too many to walk down, so no one walked down, other than the brides brothers who walked down the grandfather. Of course the Chason and Kallah walked down with their parents.

The message was to be there at 4:30. We got there at 4:25 being number 4 there (actually tied with 3). We got ready and were the first family to take pictures. It didn't matter that the rest of the crew didn't show because when they did, they still had to wait for pictures. Amazingly we were able to get the entire mishpacha in one picture, albeit, we had to relocate in order to line everyone up. Kids in the front. Tall in the back. Everyone, find a spot. If it is near your spouse, you are lucky. Be careful not to look like a couple with your niece or nephew! Make room for the kallah she will be super imposed into the picture, you really think we are going to get everyone in the picture again?! Think again. This is it. One huge family picture. Should develop my digital camera film so I can actually see the picture!

On the way into the hall the caterer saw my brooms. Mezinka he said? And I said yes. I put them away in a safe spot, knowing I would need them much much later. Sure enough when the time came, no one told me that they were starting the dance and well, they had to use the dirty brooms until the brooms that I brought were located. What a shame. Next time I need to know when, and also get wreaths for the parents. But I don't know when the next time is so I am off the hook.

The kids were great at the wedding. My daughter hooked up with some cousins. Although she didn't have a puffy Gmach gown, she looked like a princess. She got her hair done and with the white gown and all, she was a princess. She smiled nicely as well for the camera. The boys took care of themselves as well. The little guy was in the carriage for most of the time. He didn't fall asleep. I went to locate him at one point and found the two boys holding hands and walking around. His big brother took him around. I dragged him into dancing, the very last dance and then he fell asleep, shortly before we left (and we were the last to leave!)

Shabbos sheva brachos is another story that I would like to forget. Let's just say we surely did not make it and spent what was supposed to be a kid-free Shabbos was anything BUT kid-free. It was a very nice Shabbos though and I am thankful to our hostess who took us in twenty minutes before Shabbos!

Coming soon....Pesach and more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter