Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Random Thoughts

Mazel Tov!! I am so happy to hear that a friend of mine is engaged! It is great news! And I love that you called me!! Email me info and I will try to make it the engagement party!

It is bitter cold outside.

A month ago we were complaining about how warm it was for January and that Global Warming is going to kill us. Now we have this cold front coming in from good ol' Canada.

A friend of mine in town had a baby girl after two boys. Based on a misunderstood conversation, her husband went out to buy food for Sunday and Monday Night. I felt horrible. So much for the chessed of the town. I immediately called her and left her a message that she will be having meals sent for the next two weeks, and possibly more. I went straight to work. I called my classmates from High School who live in town, and incorporated them to make food for her. I then called another friend and she knew some people who would say yes. Then I pulled some rabbits out of a hat and stretched the connection. "Oh, you know her sister, and I know you...so can you make food." or, "your husband davens at this minyan and so does her husband, and I know you, can you make food?" Boruch Hashem these people were like, "sure!" "tell me when!". I tried to make sure that meals were not all dairy, dairy dairy dairy, meat. I tried to alternate, even giving them two meats in a row (which I think they might prefer). She was so grateful that I managed to pull this off. I got to do Shabbos, when I am not home for one meal! But, will figure it out and I do have to cook for the other meal, so why not add some more to it.

I owe you a story about Friday. I will write that another time, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter