Thursday, February 01, 2007

18 Years

18 years.
A long short 18 years.
So many memories.
So many tears.

I was a young girl at that time. Not Bas Mitzvahed yet. A young one in Seventh grade. And.then.it.happened. Shattered my world. Destroyed my innocence. Threw me into the reality. No more living in a bubble. A shock. A tragedy. I was little. Being a bas zakayn is never easy.

He was old. He was sick. He needed to go. He had a rough life. His time was up. He wanted to go. He did not want to fight any more. So, he left.

Hashem had mercy on him.

Motzei Shabbos. Right after Tu B Shvat.

I was not home.

I did not get to say good-bye. I did not get to have one last kiss. One last hug. One last conversation.

I did have that extra sense the few days before. I knew something was going to happen. I did not know it was going to be a permanent something.

18 years has passed.

My life has gone on without him. His has not.

I have grown up. I married. I brought in a new generation.

I miss him.
I love him.
I think of him constantly.

18 years is a long time. I am not that old.

18 short years. Seems like yesterday.

2 Comments:

Blogger ifuncused said...

Mindy: Thank you.

Saturday, February 03, 2007 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger ifuncused said...

Morah Rivky: Amen. I feel any age is hard. I thought I was young, until a few years later, I saw six and seven year old boys say Kaddish for their mother.
On a side note, glad to see you around. Happy belated anniversary. And do you ever answer your cell phone?

Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter