Sunday, June 17, 2007

Today

Today was a hectic one.

We cut our youngest son's hair today. We waited for three years...and then in a blink of an eye...our little boy is a big boy. Our baby. No more getting away with things because you had the cute curls and looked like a little kid. NO more being mistaken for a cute girl. No more calling him my baby... but he is still my baby!!

My friend came over this morning to cut his hair. We were not going to torture the kid by having everyone take a snip. I took a snip and my husband took a snip...and then she cut his hair and used the noisy shaiver. He was great during the whole thing. What a difference it makes!!!

Then we went to the Yeshiva and went to Pre1A (the grade before First for those who don't live in the NY metro area). They have school on Sunday here, and it is only boys. We chose my sons class, since it made sense to let my five year old enjoy seeing his little brother. Mind you when my 5 year old left for school this morning he said goodbye to his little brother who had long hair. When we showed up later, he has short hair.

The Rebbi was great. He had patience and much much better than the one we went to when my 5 year old was three. He didn't force the aleph bais lickin' honey on to my son this time, but did something different. Had him lick the lolipop after repeating each aleph beis letter after the Rebbi said the letter. He didn't expect my son to know it. He included his student (my son) as well. It was super and everyone enjoyed.

Then we came home and had a party later on, in the backyard. Yes it was hot but not too hot and the kids enjoyed the kiddie pools and the water slip and slide. Everyone had a great time. I had tons of food. My little guy was shy to the attention he was getting and wasn't interested in it. He did his own thing, but took note when his friends from playgroup showed or didn't show.

Finally...time to digest this and remember that he has his haircut and will wear a yarmulka and tzitsis from now on. Kids. They get bigger in a blink of an eye.

2 Comments:

Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I know what you mean.
The transformation is soo incredible.
Mine went from a caveman to a little mentchie..

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger ggggg said...

Mazel Tov! So cute!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter