Tuesday, September 23, 2003

To My MIA Friends, I Miss You

My online friends are leaving. Left and right. They are disappearing. Not coming online when I am online and not around when I am able to chat with them. They know who they are. They are your friends too. They might not be the same exact people, but you too have friends who decided to take a leave of absence from the internet now and you just can’t find them when you want them.

For starters, I spoke with this one person a few times on the phone and we hit it off well. Then one day, we stopped calling. I did a joke on her and then she slowly disappears from the cyber world. Well, one could think that it was me who scared her by pulling a joke on her real life that involved her cyber life to coincide with real world people. That was the start, the push that made her stop, so I think. But then again, I might be totally wrong with that. Her life might just be chaotic. Job, school, life in general got busy. But in any event, I cannot make the first call so I leave that up to her, when she is ready to surface again.

For addicts it’s cold turkey, and then slowly work your way to a normal amount of internet usage. I am working on mine. Life just got busy. It always was maybe, but now my eyes are open wider…and I see life. I feel bad that my hours are cut because I started talking to two more people that also seem to be leaving this little world we live in. We all need to leave it to get our real life in order, but, we always come back here. We like it here. Our friends really care about us and they help us out and sometimes even more so than our real life friends, and soon they do become our real life friends. And we get totally confused with life and what is real life and what is cyber life. At times, we end up making friends with people with whom we would normally never be friends with, and then we have issues and have a hard time explaining the friendship to our real life people we deal with.

I have met some wonderful people online yet, I find it hard explaining to real life people how I met them. They are of all ages, and different backgrounds than me, but you know what, that doesn’t bother me. I can hold my own with an older crowd, and I can talk to a younger crowd. Though I am thankful I am not that young anymore and dealing with high school issues, because, I have done my fair share of high school. Been there. Done that.

So to all my online friends those of you who read this, and for those who know who it applies too…I miss you. It was nice schmoozing with you online, on the phone or just plain letter writing over the summer. Things got busy, life got busy. Go figure. But just don’t forget your friends. We are real people here behind the computer. There is a real person, flesh and blood who is sitting by the keyboard and typing away. So, to all my readers I wish you a Kesiva Vchasima Tova. And let this year be a good and healthy year to all of us. May our tefillos be answered if that is the Will of Hashem.
I ask mechila from you if I have done something knowingly, or unknowingly, I am truly sorry.



Read my Dreambook guestbook!

Sign my Dreambook!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter